A pleasing melange of strawberries, bananas and crushed pineapple is stirred into strawberry gelatin, spooned into in heart-shaped molds and chilled. A dollop of whipped topping is all that is needed to complete this refreshing and romantic dessert.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package strawberries, partially frozen
- 2 bananas, peeled and diced
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil and add gelatin. After gelatin has dissolved, add strawberries, bananas and pineapple, mix well; remove from heat.
Spoon mixture into individual heart molds or a 9x13 inch baking dish; chill until firm.
Top each serving with whipped topping, if desired; serve.