This recipe was given to me by a vegan friend I had in college. It is the best bean salad I have ever tasted, and I love it because you can experiment with the ingredients and still have a mouth-watering side dish. I hope you like it!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
In a bowl, gently mix the garbanzo beans, kidney beans, green beans, green onions, and celery. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Pour dressing over the salad, and toss gently to coat. Cover, refrigerate at least 2 hours, and gently toss before serving.