A hearty, healthy and zesty vegetarian soup! However, if you like meat in your soup change the vegetable broth to chicken broth and throw in some cut up chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar processed cheese sauce
In a slow cooker, combine corn, potatoes, carrots, onion, celery seeds and pepper. Add broth and cover, cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
Stir in cheese and cook 30 to 60 minutes or until cheese is melted and blended with vegetables.