Cauliflower and potatoes are simmered in a spicy curry sauce for a nourishing memorable meal. This recipe calls for ingredients found in any grocery store, or that are already in your own kitchen. Delicious and easy to prepare. Make as spicy or mild as
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots; cook and stir until tender. Season with curry powder, turmeric, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Add the cauliflower and potatoes to the pan, and stir to coat with spices. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally.