Not your typical zucchini quiche. This fantastic medley of fresh veggies may be served either hot or cold. You can even cut it into small pieces and serve as finger food!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese, diced
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Mix in zucchini, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, and garlic, and saute until tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, beat together the egg substitute and cream. Stir in cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, bread cubes, and the sauteed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well, and pour into the prepared baking dish.
Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until center is set. Serve hot or cold.
The original recipe, Hot or Cold Vegetable Frittata, was submitted by Peggy Reed, and contains 472 calories, 39.3 g fat, 253 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrates, 1.9 g fiber, and 18.3 g protein.