Vary the combinations of vegetables in this casserole which uses reduced fat cream of mushroom soup and sour cream to bind the vegetables with water chestnuts and grated cheese. Bake topped with French fried onions.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 7x11 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix together the mushroom soup, sour cream, Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses.
Combine the vegetables, water chestnuts, salt and pepper with the soup mixture. Stir together and pour into baking dish.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top with onions and bake 10 minutes longer.