This is a pancake of rice and lentil.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 1/4 cups dry yellow lentils
- 3 cups water
- 2 green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jaggery (palm sugar)
- salt to taste
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
In a bowl, soak the rice and lentils in the water for 4 to 5 hours.
Place the rice and lentils in a food processor with the chile peppers, ginger, jaggery, and salt. Process until smooth, and mix in the carrot and spinach. Continue to process until smooth and well mixed.
Heat the oil in a tava (or large skillet) over medium-low heat. Thinly and evenly spread the batter into the tava. Cover, and cook 15 minutes, or until browned and set enough to turn. Turn with a spatula, and continue cooking until browned and cooked through.