These savory breakfast treats are great when you're on the go.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)
Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Quiche cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave. Any combination of appropriate vegetables and reduced-fat cheeses may be used.