Layers, layers, layers and more layers. That 's what lasagna is all about. It begins with a layer of tomatoes, then veggies - carrots, zucchini, squash, eggplant, broccoli and carrots. And then lasagna noodles. And then it begins again until everything i
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package instant lasagna noodles
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 2 summer squash, diced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
Place a layer of tomatoes in the bottom of the baking dish, followed by a layer of noodles, spinach, carrots, zucchini, summer squash, eggplant and broccoli. Season to taste with oregano, salt and pepper. Repeat layering of ingredients until all are used up. If using cheeses sprinkle over broccoli layers and on top of dish.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes.