Vegetarian imitation ground beef is combined with onion, eggs, bread cubes and savory herbs and spices. The meatless loaf is nestled with carrots and potatoes, and baked.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1/2 (14 ounce) package vegetarian ground beef (e.g., Gimme Lean TM)
- 1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian burger crumbles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 slices bread, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl combine vegetarian ground beef, vegetarian ground beef crumbles, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, sage, garlic powder, mustard, oil, bread cubes and milk. Transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and form into a loaf. Pour tomato sauce on top.
Place carrots and potatoes around loaf and spray vegetables with cooking spray.
Bake 30 to 45 minutes; turn vegetables. Bake another 30 to 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.