I take this to our family gathering for the holidays. Everyone likes it - the "meat eaters" don't miss the giblets. You can make it vegan by deleting the mushroom soup and increasing the broth, also use no/low fat soup if you like. Multi-grain, nut and so
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (1 pound) loaf day-old bread
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup wild rice, cooked (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup cubed apples (optional)
Mix together the bread, cream of mushroom soup, vegetable broth, water, poultry seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Add any or all of the optional ingredients as desired. It will be sticky. Shape into a loaf and wrap in (nonstick, sprayed) foil to bake.
Bake for about an hour at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). You can slice it like a meatloaf and serve.