This is a fabulous and easy vegetarian alternative to turkey stuffing. It never comes into contact with the turkey, so it is truly vegetarian. Enjoy....
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, celery, pepper, mushrooms, and garlic until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the corn flake crumbs and soup. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.