Crisp and tasty stir fried vegetables in a soy and oyster sauce, served over Chinese noodles.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound dry Chinese noodles
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add Chinese noodles and cook about 2 to 4 minutes; drain.
In a large skillet or wok over high heat with a small amount or oil, cook mushrooms, bamboo shoots, celery, bean sprouts and garlic. Mix in salt, broth, sugar, water, soy sauce and oyster sauce; stir. Add flour and cook until thickened. Pour over noodles and toss lightly.