A vegetarian's delight!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 8 (1 inch thick) slices French bread
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup low-fat tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package meatless breakfast patties, thawed and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
BAKE bread slices on a baking sheet at 425 degrees for 5 minutes. Set aside.
SAUTE sliced onion and bell pepper in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
SPREAD pasta sauce evenly on one side of each bread slice. Top evenly with mozzarella cheese, onion mixture, crumbled patties, and Parmesan cheese.
BAKE at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.