Delicious chili with tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, corn, and several kinds of beans. Great as a snack or as a whole meal. Can feed an army or keep for days.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the garlic, onion, and carrots in the pot until tender. Mix in the green bell pepper and red bell pepper. Season with chili powder. Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
Mix the mushrooms into the pot. Stir in the tomatoes with liquid, black beans with liquid, kidney beans with liquid, pinto beans with liquid, and corn. Season with cumin, oregano, basil, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.