A chicken saute with mild Spanish onion, mushrooms and vibrant orange bell pepper smartly seasoned with cilantro, garlic and just a pinch of chili flakes. Sour cream and hamburger relish combine for a sauce with zing.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
In a large skillet, fry the chicken pieces and onion rings in hot oil until browned. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add the sliced mushrooms and bell pepper and continue to saute for 5 minutes over medium heat.
Add 1/2 of the garlic, 1/2 of the cilantro and 1/2 of the pepper flakes and stir until mixed.
Add the other 1/2 of the garlic, cilantro and chile flakes, then add the sour cream and mix well. Add the hamburger relish and saute for another 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool and serve.