Cubes of venison stew meat are browned with onions and garlic and combined with Worcestershire sauce, oregano and covered with water in this stew with chunks of carrots and potatoes.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds venison stew meat
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 7 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
In a skillet, deeply brown the meat in oil. Add onions, garlic. Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, oregano, salt, and water. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
Add potatoes and carrots; cook until tender.
Combine flour and water. Stir into the stew. Remove bay leaf before serving.