This recipe uses tomato sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the tomato sauce and soda.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt. Mix in tomato sauce and soda mixture. Stir in eggs, oil, nuts, raisins and fruit juice. Mix well. Pour batter into greased 10 inch bundt or tube pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 55 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, and then turn out on serving plate. Dust top with confectioners' sugar.