Roasted peppers and salty prosciutto jump into a saucepan with crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic powder, sugar, salt, pepper, cream and vodka. Add Parmesan cheese to the simmered sauce, and toss with cooked rigatoni. Top with peas, if you please.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/4 pound chopped prosciutto
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 fluid ounce vodka
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup green peas
Drain roasted peppers, reserving a small amount of the liquid. Cut peppers into strips.
Combine prosciutto, cream, crushed tomatoes, vodka, roasted peppers with reserved liquid, parsley, garlic powder, sugar, salt and black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a saucepan. Cover. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
Stir cheese into the sauce. Stir sauce into rigatoni ,and top with peas.