This is a great recipe for those who love spicy food. If not, simply omit the crushed red pepper. This recipe will have your family eating the leftovers out of the refrigerator. A piece of advice: use the best vodka you can - it really makes a big differe
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can roma tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
In a small bowl, combine vodka and red pepper flakes. Set aside for 1 hour.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute prosciutto, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper until prosciutto is evenly brown. Pour in vodka mixture, and simmer 10 minutes. Crush tomatoes, and stir in with 2 cans of tomato sauce, and 1 (8 ounce) can water. Simmer 15 minutes. Stir in 1 cup heavy cream, and cook 2 minutes.