My sister and I have 'Rib Cook-offs' quite often and I always seem to win with this recipe. It is a chili sauce based recipe and it is the best I've experimented with so far.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 pounds boneless beef short ribs
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place ribs in a baking dish, and bake 1 hour, or to a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the chili sauce, liquid smoke flavoring, onion, garlic, yellow mustard, honey mustard, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, and celery seed. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Place ribs on grill. Constantly coat ribs with the sauce, and cook 15 minutes, or until nicely browned.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the sauce ingredients. The actual amount of the sauce consumed will vary.