Chocolate cake with vinegar and no eggs.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sift the flour, white sugar, baking soda, salt and 6 tablespoons of the cocoa into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
Drizzle melted margarine and the vinegar over the flour mixture. Add the vanilla and cold water and stir well to remove lumps.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Spread with chocolate frosting.
To Make Chocolate Frosting: Combine the confectioner's sugar, 6 tablespoons water, 3 tablespoons cocoa, and 1/2 cup of the margarine. Heat until melted and stir until smooth add vanilla and nuts if desired, and spread over cake.