This is a fun, colorful dish that is hearty and delicious. Great served with a simple salad or bread and butter. I use the hot chili, but mild would work fine too.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package wagon wheel pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Season with chili powder and cayenne. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in onion and green pepper. Season with salt. Simmer until onion is tender and translucent. Drain excess fat. Stir in chili, corn and cooked pasta. Cover, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.