This elegant salad features young zucchini, cauliflower florets and tart green apple slices tossed with tender Swiss chard leaves, all crowned in a creamy, warm Camembert dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 pound young Swiss chard leaves
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 ounces Camembert cheese, cubed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Arrange the chard, zucchini and cauliflower in a salad bowl
Toss the apple slices in the lemon juice and add to the bowl.
In a medium saucepan, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, Camembert and pepper. Heat gently, stirring constantly, until hot but not boiling. Pour over salad mixture, toss well, and serve immediately.