I felt like making a soup that had ingredients that all of my family loves. So voila! My warm heart stew contains all of the best beans and robust bratwurst of the season. We enjoy this, and my family even asks me to make it in the summer!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 6 bratwursts, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- salt to taste
Place the bratwursts, carrots, and onion in a slow cooker. Pour in chicken stock and beef broth. Mix in sauerkraut, pinto beans, kidney beans, navy beans, basil, parsley, and salt.
Cover, and cook 4 hours on High.