Marinated boneless chicken breast strips are placed on a bed of lettuce with mandarin oranges, walnuts, and golden raisins, then dressed in a tangy lime dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 head red leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
In a jar, combine lime juice, sugar, lime zest, rice vinegar, and mustard. Shake well, and set aside. In a small bowl, mix chicken with limeade concentrate and pepper.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook and stir chicken 4 to 6 minutes, or until no longer pink, and juices run clear.
Divide lettuce onto 4 salad plates. Top with mandarin orange segments, golden raisins, and walnuts. Place cooked chicken on top, and drizzle lightly with dressing.