Cantaloupe and watermelon cubes are added to chopped watercress and dressed with a sweetened vinaigrette made with lime juice and a bit of fresh, minced ginger. Toasted almonds are sprinkled on before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 bunches watercress, trimmed and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1/3 cup toasted and sliced almonds
In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, and ginger. Gradually add oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add watercress, watermelon, and cantaloupe to dressing and toss to coat. Transfer salad to plates, sprinkle with sliced almonds and serve immediately.