Watermelon puree is frozen, then blended with vodka, melon liqueur, lemon juice and simple syrup.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 cups watermelon flesh, seeds removed
- 2 fluid ounces simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 fluid ounces melon liqueur
- 4 twists lemon zest, garnish
In a food processor, puree the watermelon flesh. Pour the pureed watermelon into empty ice cube trays and freeze for at least 4 hours. Also, freeze 4 martini glasses.
In a blender combine the frozen watermelon cubes, simple syrup, lemon juice and vodka and blend until smooth. Pour into 4 frozen martini glasses and garnish each with a lemon twist.