Cook up an easy, hearty meal in just minutes with canned lentil soup stirred into crushed tomatoes, a saute of onion and garlic, chopped spinach and red pepper flakes. Let the mixture warm with tiny cooked pasta, then serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can lentil soup
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (16 ounce) package ditalini pasta
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Brown onion and garlic in oil over medium heat. Stir in lentil soup and tomatoes. Bring to boil. Stir in spinach and spices. Simmer.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until almost done. Drain. Mix pasta into lentil sauce. Cover, and keep warm for 20 minutes. Serve with Parmesan cheese.