This is a unique hummus recipe which doesn't call for tahini, and adds the flavor of roasted garlic. Try adding roasted red peppers, or sun dried tomatoes for a different twist!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a food processor or blender, pulse garlic and onions until finely chopped. Add garbanzo beans, one can at a time, and pulse to puree. Blend in sage, basil, oregano, parsley, lemon juice and oil; puree until smooth.