Sweet potatoes made sweeter with orange juice, brown sugar and nutmeg. Topped with marshmallows and baked.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 pounds sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large saucepan cook sweet potatoes in salted water over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, or until done. Drain, and add orange juice, brown sugar, nutmeg and butter. Whip until smooth. Spread into a medium size casserole dish and top with marshmallows.
Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden brown.