These orange flavored no bake cookie balls that are spiked with bourbon are sure to get everyone in a festive mood. I can't remember where I got this recipe but it was one we used to make at Christmas with my family growing up. This recipe has been in the
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar for rolling
In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut, vanilla wafer crumbs, pecans, orange juice concentrate, vanilla and bourbon. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, and roll in confectioners' sugar. If not serving right away, give them a fresh roll in the sugar just before serving.