Canned white beans and cooked chicken meat are incorporated in chicken stock with tomatillos, green chilies, chopped tomatoes and fresh corn kernels in this chili seasoned with cumin, coriander and oregano.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound diced, cooked chicken meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (18.75 ounce) can tomatillos, drained and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 2 ears fresh corn
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, sliced
Heat oil, and cook onion and garlic until soft.
Stir in broth, tomatillos, tomatoes, chilies, and spices. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
Add corn, chicken, and beans; simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with these toppings for people to choose from: limes, cilantro, cheese, avocado, sour cream, and tortilla chips.