Tender white beans and artichoke hearts get a refreshing lift from sweet bell peppers, crisp red onions, olives, parsley, mint and basil. A simple dressing of olive oil and wine vinegar - and an overnight stay in the fridge - bring the flavors to life.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 cups white beans, drained
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 ounce chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine beans, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, olives, onion, parsley, mint, and basil.
In a jar or small bowl, combine oil and vinegar; shake together or mix well. Pour oil and vinegar over the salad, and toss to coat.
Cover and chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally, to let flavors blend.