This recipe will make a fresh and satisfying snack. You can toss it on iceberg lettuce or use it as a spread for sandwiches.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
In a food processor, blend the tuna, red bell pepper, onion, cilantro, capers, relish, mayonnaise, mustard, and garlic powder until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, and mix in the white beans. Garnish with parsley to serve.