Very good chili, sometime I make a little rice on the side to serve in the bowl with the chili. Delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked, chopped turkey meat
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (11 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery; cook until the onion is translucent. Put the turkey, beans, chicken broth, corn and green chilies into the pot. Season with cumin and hot pepper sauce. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese and chopped parsley.