Cubed chicken breast meat is slowly simmered with chile peppers, bell peppers, mushrooms, beans, white wine, herbs and spices in this chili-like soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green chile peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook chicken in olive oil with black pepper until brown. Stir in onion, garlic and chiles and cook until onion begins to soften.
Stir in bell peppers, mushrooms, beans, green onions and parsley. Pour in wine and chicken broth. Season with bouillon, rosemary, thyme, oregano and cumin. Place bay leaves in pot, cover, reduce heat and simmer 90 minutes.