These sweet fruit and chocolate muffins are rich and packed with flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 shredded wheat cereal biscuits, crushed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed bran flakes cereal
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup chopped white chocolate
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, mix cocoa powder, quick-cooking oats, brewed coffee, water, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, molasses, and butter. Cook and stir until evenly moist and thickened. Cool slightly, and pour into a medium bowl.
Beat the egg into the cocoa powder mixture. Mix in flour, graham cracker crumbs, crushed shredded wheat cereal, crushed bran flakes cereal, and poppy seeds. Gradually beat in the milk, adding enough to form a smooth batter. Thoroughly beat in baking powder. Fold in apple, raisins, and white chocolate. Scoop into the prepared muffin pan.
Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.