Heaven and earth are symbolically united in this edible work of art. An ambrosial cloud of white chocolate mousse floats atop a crispy baked pie shell.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 5 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 (1 ounce) square white chocolate, melted
Microwave 5 squares white chocolate and 3 tablespoons of cream in large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until white chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
Beat in softened cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Gently fold in the whipped cream until no streaks remain. Spoon into crust.
Melt remaining square of white chocolate in the microwave. Drizzle melted white chocolate on top of pie. Chill in refrigerator overnight.