Here is a sweet snack mix that is delicious and colorful. Saltiness and sweetness is the best combination! Don't be afraid of trying other cereals, candy or nuts. Salted almonds, granola, or, butterscotch chips would be fine substitutes or additions.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) package mini twist pretzels
- 5 cups toasted oat cereal
- 5 cups crispy corn cereal squares
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 (14 ounce) package candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- 2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Line 3 baking sheets with waxed paper or parchment. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine mini pretzels, toasted oat cereal, crispy corn cereal squares, salted peanuts, and candy-coated chocolate pieces. Set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and oil on medium-high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Microwave on high for 10 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and mix well.
Spread onto prepared baking sheets. Cool; break apart. Store in an airtight container.