This delicious, healthy recipe brings the flavors of Southern France to your home. Canned, diced tomatoes are a great time saver for weeknight meals.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds firm white fish fillets, such as halibut or striped bass
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup kalamata, green or black olives, pitted and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Basil Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Thyme Leaves
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat ovenproof baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place fish in single layer in baking dish. Lightly salt and pepper the fish. Bake 12 minutes*.
Meanwhile, heat oil in saucepan. Add onion; Saute 5 minutes, or until onion is softened. Add tomatoes, olives, wine, basil, garlic and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, over medium heat 3 minutes.
Remove fish from oven. Spoon sauce over fish. Return to oven; bake an additional 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
*If fish is over 1-inch thick, increase cooking time in Step 1 to 15 minutes.