Pure whole wheat, not moderated by milder flours, yields a hearty taste, but still a light texture. Cornmeal adds a hint of crunch to this bread machine product.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant powdered milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Place all ingredients into the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Press Start.