Beef broth, fresh rosemary and thyme, and garlic add depth of flavor to the broth that develops over 10 to 12 hours of cooking in your slow cooker.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (4 pound) boneless beef round roast, trimmed
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 loaf SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
Place trimmed roast in a slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, combine beef stock, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Pour mixture over roast, and add enough water to almost cover roast. Cover, and cook on Low heat for 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
Remove meat from broth, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork, and distribute on bread for sandwiches. Used reserved broth for dipping.