A delicious start to the morning made extra special with a nutrition boost from wheat germ.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Kretschmer® wheat germ, any flavor
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup reduced calorie pancake syrup
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, raspberries or blackberries
Heat nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat or electric griddle to 375 degrees F. Skillet is ready when drops of water sizzle, then evaporate.
For pancakes, combine first five ingredients in large bowl. Add combined milk, egg substitute and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter may have small lumps which will disappear during cooking.
Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto skillet. Turn when tops of pancakes bubble and edges appear cooked. Turn only once.
Combine syrup and fruit in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; serve fruit mixture over pancakes. Sprinkle pancakes with additional wheat germ, if desired.