This hearty casserole comes together quickly. Just combine prepared rice with chicken, pimientos, onion, Cheddar in an easy cream sauce. Sure tastes like more work than it is.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 (6 ounce) packages uncooked long grain and wild rice
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken breast meat
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Prepare rice according to package directions.
In a medium bowl, toss together the cooked chicken, prepared rice, soup, pimientos, and onion. Transfer to a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, then sprinkle the other 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
Place in preheated oven briefly, to melt.