I received this interesting recipe from my mother. It is both easy to prepare and nutritious.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 10x15 inch baking pan.
Blend together the oil, eggs and sugar. Add the pumpkin and wild rice; mix together well.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger; add to wet ingredients and mix well.
Pour onto prepared baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.