Nutty wild rice combines with tender turkey, sweet grapes, crunchy almonds and a light, creamy dressing in this wonderful salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked, cubed turkey meat
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 6 ounces blanched slivered almonds
Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in rice, turkey, onion and grapes until evenly coated with dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Before serving, sprinkle slivered almonds over the top of the salad.