Wild rice is layered in a baking dish with seasoned oysters which are covered with a curried cream of mushroom sauce in this casserole to serve with turkey.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 1/2 cups wild rice
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 quarts shucked oysters
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large saucepan place the rice, consomme and water. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in butter.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Place half of rice in large baking dish. Cover with oysters seasoned with salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste. Top with remaining rice.
Heat mushroom soup, half and half, onion powder, thyme, and curry powder. Pour over rice and oyster mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Garnish with parsley.