A chunky, delicious chowder with a back-east taste.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can minced clams
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
Drain juice from the clams into a medium size pot, set the clams aside. Add water or bottled clam juice. Add potatoes and onions to the pot and cover. Cook over a medium heat until potatoes are soft. Stirring occasionally.
Add milk, evaporated milk, butter or margarine, parsley, thyme, seafood seasoning, celery salt, salt and pepper to taste, cracker crumbs and clams.
Simmer until soup is about to boil, be careful not to let it boil. Serve hot.