Chicken and mushrooms go hand-in-hand in a creamy Cheddar-wine sauce that deserves your attention.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sauteed mushrooms
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds for topping
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
Place the butter or margarine in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place the chicken pieces on top and add the sauteed mushrooms.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine and heat the soup, milk, Cheddar cheese and garlic powder. Remove from heat and add the white wine and mayonnaise. Pour mixture over the chicken and mushrooms. Top with slivered almonds and grated Parmesan cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.